I wanted my free inquiry to be about plant identification because it is something that I have never been good at and tried to avoid during my undergrad degree!  However, I now think it is important to have an understanding of plants and their properties-especially the ones residing in my local area.   This project will benefit me in a number of ways:

1.  I will learn more about the plants in my area and gain a stronger connection to the natural world
  2. I will be forced to get outside (not that I need much convincing anyway!) but it will provide an opportunity for me to relax and enjoy my local surroundings
  3. One of my closest friends loves plants and fungi and walking or hiking with her is so interesting because she has all these fascinating tidbits-I hope to become that person (only when it is solicited of course)!

I hope by the end of this project (which I hope to continue past this course) I will have learned to identity more of the flora in Victoria as well as appreciate the process of blogging-I am excited to start this adventure!